Super Cool Legal Stuff
Last Updated and Effective as of: December 1, 2020
- We may collect Personally Identifiable Information (as defined below) from users of our Website when it is voluntarily provided to us and use it for the purposes for which it was provided (see “Information We Collect Directly From You”).
- We automatically collect information from users of our Website for analytical purposes and to enhance our Website (see “Information We Collect From You Automatically”).
IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF CALIFORNIA, PLEASE SEE THE SECTION “CALIFORNIA CONSUMER RIGHTS” FOR SPECIFIC DISCLOSURES WITH RESPECT TO OUR COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION AND ADDITIONAL RIGHTS YOU HAVE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Information We Collect Directly From You:
We may collect information, including Personally Identifiable Information such your name and email address, when you provide such information to us directly, such as when you contact us through our Website, send us an email or apply for employment. Your provision of your Personally Identifiable Information to us is completely voluntary. “Personally Identifiable Information” is information that specifically identifies you. We do not collect Personally Identifiable Information unless you submit that information to us.
Information We Collect Automatically:
We may work with third-party service providers who use the technologies described in this section to conduct website analytics to help us track and understand how visitors use our Website. For information about Google Analytics please click on this link: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To opt-out of Google Analytics, please copy and paste “tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout” into your browser and download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
How We Use Your Information:
We use Personally Identifiable Information and other information as described herein including for the following purposes:
- to contact you about and provide you with our services,
- to personalize your experience with us,
- to respond to your direct inquiries,
- to add you to our mailing lists and send you emails from time to time,
- to maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website,
- to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations,
- as described to you when collecting your information,
- to consider you for employment when you apply for a job, and
- to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
As noted above, we may collect information that is not Personally Identifiable Information (“Non-Personally Identifiable Information”). We may aggregate or de-identify Personally Identifiable Information so that the information does not personally identify you or anyone else directly. Because Non-Personally Identifiable Information, including aggregate or de-identified information, does not personally identify you directly, we may collect, use and disclose Non-Personally Identifiable Information for any purpose permitted by law and subject to the section titled “California Consumer Notice”. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personally Identifiable Information with Personally Identifiable Information. If we combine any Non-Personally Identifiable Information with Personally Identifiable Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personally Identifiable Information.
How We Share Your Information
Besides using your Personally Identifiable Information ourselves, we may send your Personally Identifiable Information and other information to other companies, affiliates and third parties in the following instances:
- Service Providers. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties who may use your information to provide us services such as website hosting and e-mail delivery services. These third parties may have access to Personally Identifiable Information that is necessary to perform their functions.
- Legal Compliance and to Defend Our Rights. We may disclose Personally Identifiable Information and other information as we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Business Transfers. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information and other information with third parties in connection with a corporate restructuring, acquisition or divestiture.
Please note that if you specifically consent to additional uses of your Personally Identifiable Information, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information in a manner consistent with that consent.
The security of your Personally Identifiable Information is very important to us. When we collect your Personally Identifiable Information online, we use reasonable efforts to protect it from unauthorized access. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that your Personally Identifiable Information will be completely free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers and your use of our Website demonstrates your assumption of this risk. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect.
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you with the Website and for a reasonable time thereafter in accordance with our standard procedures or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements. Even if we delete some or all of your information, we may continue to retain and use anonymous or aggregated data previously collected. Please note that we will not be liable for disclosures of your data due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties.
Other Websites and Social Networking Services
As a convenience to you, we may provide links to third party websites, apps or services from within the Website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third party sites, and by providing a link we are not endorsing or promoting such third party sites. When you navigate away from our Website, you do so at your own risk. We encourage you to read the policies and terms of every website, app or service you visit.
The Website may integrate with social networking services. We do not control such services and are not liable for the manner in which they operate. While we may provide you with the ability to use such services in connection with our Website, we are doing so merely as an accommodation and, like you, are relying upon those third party services to operate properly and fairly.
To opt-out of any future promotional messages from us, you should send an unsubscribe request to us at [email protected]. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. Please note that if you opt out in this manner, certain aspects of the Website may no longer be available to you.
Changes to policy:
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from this policy at any time, provided that any such modifications will only be applied prospectively. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of any changes to this policy means you accept such changes.
For questions or concerns relating to privacy, we can be contacted at: [email protected].
Our Website is maintained in the United States of America. If you are located outside the U.S., by using the Website, you authorize the export of your information to the U.S. and its storage and use as specified in this policy.
California Consumer Notice:
We collect information (some of which may also constitute Personally Identifiable Information) that identifies, relates to, describes, references, or is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) refers to such information as “personal information.” If you are a California Consumer, or reside in a jurisdiction that provides similar rights, the CCPA or applicable law provides you with specific rights regarding your personal information. This section describes the rights that California Consumers and other consumers may have and explains how to exercise those rights. For the purposes of this section, personal information does not include (i) information that is lawfully made available from federal, state or local government records, (ii) de-identified or aggregated data or (iii) information excluded from the scope of the CCPA. To be clear the rights in this section are not intended to grant you additional rights, but just your rights under CCPA or other applicable data privacy laws.
Information We Collect; How We Collect It; How We Use It
Information about our data collection during the prior 12 months is described below.
|Categories of Personal Information||Sources of such Personal Information||Business Purpose for such Personal Information||Categories of Third Parties with whom information is shared|
|Contact information and other personal identifiers such as your name, telephone number, email address and physical address.||Collected from you directly through the Website when you send us an email, submit a message to us through our “Contact Us” form or apply for a job.||We use such information to respond to your communications to us, to send you marketing communications, to provide you with your requested services and to process your job application.||We share such information with our service providers.|
|Online identifiers such as cookies, mobile device IDs, IP address, type of browser and operating system.||Collected from you directly when you use the Website.||We use such information to better understand how the Website is being used, customize our Website for your use, improve our Website’s functionality, and assist in anti-fraud services.||We share such information with our service providers.|
|Browsing history and other information regarding internet activity.||Collected from you directly when you use the Website.||We use such information to better understand how the Website is being used, improve our Website’s functionality, and assist in anti-fraud services.||We share such information with our service providers.|
|Employment information||Collected from you directly through the Website when you apply for a job with us.||We use such information to process your job application.||We share such information with our service providers.|
In addition to the purposes set forth in the above chart, each of these categories of personal information may be collected and used as otherwise described in “How We Use Your Information” above.
We do not sell (as defined under the CCPA) your personal information.
Right to Know About Personal Information
As a California Consumer, you have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use, disclosure or sale of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see “Exercising Access and Deletion Rights”), and subject to certain limitations that we describe below, we will disclose such information. You have the right to request any or all of the following:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see “Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights”), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. However, we maybe retain personal information that has been de-identified or aggregated. Furthermore, we may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) in order to perform certain actions set forth under CCPA, such as detecting security incidents and protecting against fraudulent or illegal activity.